Inspire Me Home & Gifts are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, and the Do Not Call Register Act.
Personal information collected
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means); or
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within the Inspire Me Home & Gifts store.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services to Inspire Me Home & Gifts. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf.
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers;
- carry out administration and marketing activities, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Inspire Me Home & Gifts provides products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Personal information can range from names, postal and email addresses to banking information, site browsing history and purchase history.
Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our store. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
Data storage and security
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to our computer systems, controlled access to our corporate premises, policies on document storage and security, personnel security and training and workplace policies.
While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the Internet, you can contact us and via telephone.You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual's hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies can make web surfing easier for you by saving your preferences while you are on a site.
Cookies may be used to store information about your use of Inspire Me Home & Gifts website and there is certain information we automatically track via Google Analytics when you access our website. This data is used to improve the services, products and information we provide and does not include any personally identifying information. Any information captured by Inspire Me Home & Gifts during your website use is stored securely and will not be provided to any unauthorised third parties.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by third parties independent of Inspire Me Home & Gifts. Those websites should contain their own privacy statements, and their owners or operators are responsible for informing you about their security and privacy practices. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Accessing and updating personal information
You can request details on the information held by Inspire Me Home & Gifts and/or update your records by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints or questions
All complaints received by us will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.